The 2013 DDIFO Hall of Fame Committee has completed its deliberations and selected the individuals that comprise the third class to be inducted into the Hall of Fame since its creation in 2011.
The 2013 honorees are:
- Amrit Patel is one of the largest franchise owners in the Midwest and widely respected as a pioneer and trailblazer in the Chicago market. He has been credited with bringing many of the current Midwest franchisees into the Dunkin’ system.
- Antonio Andrade has been a Dunkin’ franchisee for some 40 years, during which time he served in numerous leadership positions within the franchisee community. In addition, he is credited with inspiring many family and friends to become franchisees as well and subsequently mentored them and others into successful franchisee careers.
- Carl Lisa, Sr. is currently the General Counsel for DDIFO and has beern for many years. A partner in the Rhode Island law firm of Lisa & Sousa LLP, Carl has been called a bridge builder among various factions within the brand as well as within the franchisee community itself. Over the course of his many years working within the franchise industry, he has been recognized by all parties as an exceptional asset to franchising and to the Dunkin’ system specifically.
- David Segal is retired from Dunkin’ Donuts, where he was one of its original employees. During the course of a long and successful with the organization, he continually excelled and rose through the ranks to the position of Vice President for Real Estate.
- Helen D’Alelio is being inducted posthumously into the Hall of Fame. She was one of the original leaders of DDIFO, having served as a member of the first DDIFO Board of Directors. She was also a very successful franchisee with a keen vision for development. A pioneer in ‘satelliting’, Helen was forever focused on fast and friendly service, always believing that the customer was always right, even if they were wrong!
- Mark Silverstein is a longtime DD franchisee who’s recognized as a consummate professional. He served in an array of leadership positions throughout his career in the Dunkin’ system, including the NH Ad Committee as well as on the DAC. In addition, he was instrumental in the NEDCP and served the organization as a Director, Vice Chairman and Chairman of the DCP over a 20 year span.
Induction of the 2013 Class into the DDIFO Hall of Fame will be held at the 2013 Hall of Fame Dinner and Awards Gala on Tuesday, September 17 at Caesar’s Atlantic City. The induction ceremony is the apex of DDIFO’s Annual National Conference.