Whether it’s the “Problem Solver Compromise” or some other legislative relief, let’s capitalize on the dwindling days of 2020. With less than four weeks of legislative days left on the 2020 calendar, Congress has little time to pass a stimulus package to help franchisees during this critical time. It is time to end partisan politics! Business owners, their employees and customers are suffering. The Coalition of Franchisee Associations urges you to contact Congress and tell them to ACT NOW to pass legislation that will help keep businesses open and individuals employed. Specifically, email your representatives and senators and ask them to pass a stimulus package that will:
- Include liability protections for business owners who act in good faith and in compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Codify that franchisees can deduct business expenses paid with Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans.
- Support an additional round of PPP funding.
- Lower the eligibility for additional PPP funding from a 50% to a 20% loss of revenue.
- Incentivize individuals to return to work.
America’s business owners need help NOW – they cannot wait until after November for a lame-duck Congress to act. Contact Congress TODAY and tell them to help save small businesses. We at DDIFO echo the call by CFA – it is imperative that franchisees be heard! Please Contact Congress TODAY!