A few weeks ago, we advised you of the Government Accountability Office (GAO) initiating discussion and study groups with the goal of looking more closely at franchising laws in general as well as the FTC Franchise Rule in particular. Toward that end, the GAO asked us to extend an invitation to our franchisee members to sign up to participate in one of the discussion sessions. We are now advised by GAO that they are adding an additional discussion session (on Friday, April 29 from 1:00 to 2:30 PM EDT) and extending the deadline for franchisees to sign up to participate until April 20, 2022. To reiterate, GAO staff are looking for volunteers who currently own or have owned a limited-service restaurant franchise in the past 5 years to participate in a 90-minute virtual discussion group on Monday, April 25, 1:00-2:30 PM EDT or Friday, April 29, 1:00-2:30 EDT. If you would like to participate, please answer and return the following participant profile questions below by April 20th to FranchiseRuleStudy@gao.gov
- First name and first initial of last name (e.g. John S.):
- Name of your franchise business:
- Is your franchise business currently in operation? If no, how long ago was it closed?
- Number of years your franchise business has been in operation:
- How many franchise establishments do you operate?
- City and state where your franchise(s) is located:
- Do you hold a position (e.g., consultant or recruiter) with the franchisor?
- Are you available to participate in a virtual discussion group on Monday, April 25, 1:00-2:30 EDT?
- Are you available to participate in a virtual discussion group on Friday, April 29, 1:00-2:30 EDT?