Starbucks also held an earnings call this week during which the company reported that global comparable sales fell a full 10 percent during the second fiscal quarter that ended March 29, while their average ticket was up 4% and a total net of 255 new stores opened globally. Here in the US, the COVID-19 crisis pushed comparable sales down 3 percent during the quarter, resulting from a 7% drop in comparable transactions and a 5 percent increase in average ticket. Active memberships in the Starbucks Rewards loyalty program increased by 15 percent during the quarter to a peak of 19.4 million.  The company also announced during the call that it will begin gradually reopening its US stores on Monday with modified operations. CEO Kevin Johnson reported that they will rely on the experience from reopening efforts in China where they employed a “monitor and adapt” approach to the reopening process.