timesunion.com reports that nine employees of a Dunkin’ Donuts were taken to area hospitals Sunday morning after a white powder was found in the cash register, fire officials said.

The incident triggered “a full-blown hazmat response” at the eatery on Hoosick Street, which remained closed all of Sunday, according to Assistant Chief Steve Willson of the Brunswick Fire Department No. 1. Firefighters from his company, as well as Troy and Hoosick Valley, responded to the 8:50 a.m. call. Employees in the restaurant said a white powder emerged when they cracked open a roll of pennies, prompting feelings of nausea.

Willson said the employees were completely decontaminated — their clothes were removed and they took special showers at the scene — before they were taken to St. Mary’s and Samaritan hospitals for evaluation. None were admitted, Willson said. The powder was taken to a State Police lab for testing, and the restaurant remains closed pending the result. Willson said they originally came from a local bank, which rolled them on behalf of an elderly customer.

Read more: Times Union